Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATIA partNumber changed when part saves in TC

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello Experts

I have a doubt with CATIA integration

When you create a new part in CATIA (or open one) and save it into TC (via savemanager), the partNumber (Catia parameter) changes from the original one, to the original one + "_A" (_Revision) see attached picture.

The problem is that if you save this file in a local directory, this change is permanent, so the partNumber has been changed.

I have loocked into CATIA integration preferences, and i have not found one for this porpouse... (i did for the name of the file, but does not affect to this)

I think that this is the normal behaviour of the system, because if you are using spreadsheet import/export, this is not happening

Any idea will be wellcome!!!

Kind Regards

Angel Romero

5 REPLIES

Re: CATIA partNumber changed when part saves in TC

Creator
Creator

Did you check the value of preference CATIA_part_file_name_format, its default value is  {0}_{1}

Siemens Creator

Hi

I have tested it, and seeems that this property only applies to the filename of CATIA. Is the prrference that determines the naming rule for the catia file. See image.

Many thanks for your help! I will keep looking for the solution!!!

Kind Regards

Creator
Creator

Check the preferences CATIA_savemanager_map_ds_*, this preference CATIA_savemanager_map_ds_pubr_object_id would be controlling the behavior.

If you are using TCIC version older than 9.0.0, the preference name would be SAVEMANAGER_map_dataset_id

Siemens Creator

Hello

I have tried and no change.

See attached picture

Thanks for your help

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
CATIA_MAP_Property_PartNumber        Item.item_id

This Should Map the Teamcenter Item ID  with Catia Part Number.