Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMM_FAILURE TC10.1.4 web client

Genius
Genius

Hi

I have a strange failure.

After I upgrade to TC10.1.4 I get COMM_FAILURE when tryting to connect with web client (also the same with 4tier client).

This occurs when I type in the login credentials and I'm not able to login.

It worked when I have TC10.1.0 applied. It also works fine when using 2 tier.

Based upon my research the last week it something with that the web client don't get a session back from the Teamcenter Server Manager.

This is stated in the webclient:

Teamcenter server is not reachable. Starting a new client session might resolve the problem. Server-side Exception:COMM_FAILURE

Running this server environment

. NET

IIS 8.5

Virtual server with Server 2012 R2

Has anyone got this error or have some suggestions were to look? I have reported it the official way as well but I'll try also this channel if someone has some suggestions.

2 REPLIES

Re: COMM_FAILURE TC10.1.4 web client

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Since the login is failing (COMM_FAILURE), my guess is that the problem is with the web tier. But that doesn't mean you don't have an issue with Server Manager. The first thing to do is to shut everything down, run clearlocks, regen the pom schema file, and start everything back up again. Give it few minutes then try logging into the web client. If the web client successfully logs in then you can try the 4t rich client.

Naturally, reviewing the logs for Server Manager and the Web Tier will provide some clues as to what the issue might be.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: COMM_FAILURE TC10.1.4 web client

Genius
Genius

Randy! Many thanks!

This is what I did

• Shutdown all services
  • Erased all folders under %temp% and c:\users\infodba\... which had something with Teamcenter or Siemens in the name. Also folders with the servername nad FSC was removed.
  • Run genregxml (This only affect the 2 tier I thinkbut I run it anyway)
  • Run the install –regen_schema_file as you suggested
  • Started up the FSC och Server Manager services.

Now I was able to login both in web client and 4 tier client.

Happy, now so I will perform our upgrade this weekend!