Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Dispatcher be configured to auto delete completed task folders when done?

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I currently have a script that runs every day to delete the dispatcher task files from within the Stage\DC folder that are older than 5 days.

I'm curious if there's anywhere I can tell Dispatcher to delete the files from the Windows file system once it has either completed the task or when the task is completed.

My reasoning for wanting this is it would be a much cleaner way to do it and it would cut down the amount of small files getting backed up every night so this particular servers backup time would reduce.

Does any body know if this is possible?

Thank you

2 REPLIES

Re: Can Dispatcher be configured to auto delete completed task folders when done?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The configuration files of the scheduler, module and client have DeleteTime properties to remove obsolete log files. See DispatcherRoot\Scheduler\conf\transscheduler.properties , DispatcherRoot\Module\conf\transmodule.properties and DispatcherRoot\DispatcherClient\conf\Service.properties

The file DispatcherRoot\DispatcherClient\conf\Service.properties also contains RequestCleanup properties to delete successful and failed translations.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Re: Can Dispatcher be configured to auto delete completed task folders when done?

Creator
Creator

Hi,

yes, it is possible. Therefore you must modify DispatcherClient service.properties.

In the section RequestCleanup you can define different threshold and interval settings. See example.  This setting will delete all "successful" tasks, staging and client logs after 5 minutes and query database each 5 minutes for this.

Service.RequestCleanup.Successful.Interval=5

Service.RequestCleanup.Successful.Threshold=5

Service.RequestCleanup.Successful.DeleteLogs=true

Unsuccessful task information, staging data and logs will be deleted after 5 days (7200 minutes), this query is just executed every 2 hours.
Service.RequestCleanup.UnSuccessful.Interval=120

Service.RequestCleanup.UnSuccessful.Threshold=7200

Service.RequestCleanup.UnSuccessful.DeleteLogs=true

If you have multiple Dispatcher Clients in use, you can or should define it for each. For Dispatcher Module, Scheduler you can also activate a log delete interval.

You will find it in transscheduler.properties and transmodule.properties.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Roland