Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the export location for the handler TCRS-export-to-tcxmlfile

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

I am using this handler and would like to change the exported file location. By default, it appears to reside in D:\Siemens\TC_Root\pool_manager\confs\localhost\ExportFileName. The attached photo is all the information I have pertaining to the workflow handler.

Capture.PNG

I am going to look into this and post back if I find a solution. Otherwise, I appreciate the help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Can I change the export location for the handler TCRS-export-to-tcxmlfile

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
The reason the file is showing up in the pool_manager directory is because you are running a 4t rich client and executing a workflow task that runs on the server (not the client). You may want to look into a different handler where you have more control as TcRS handlers are designed to be as simple as possible.

For instance, EPM-run-external-command with the -lov switch. I like using batch LOVs that can be changed without requiring a template modification/deployment and system downtime (using bmide_manage_batch_lovs). You still need to generate the client meta cache after updating a batch LOV (generate_client_meta_cache -upg generate lovs). The EPM-run-external_command handler supports ExportPath, ExportOrigFile, DataPath arguments. Using an LOV you can declare:
INPUT~ExportPath=C:\Temp\Exports
INPUT~DataPath=C:\Temp\Exports
DATA~DATASETS=IMAN_specification~PDF
DATA~LOV=A4_LOVEXT_HandlerProps (Yes! You can use a call in one LOV to call another LOV)

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Phenom
Phenom

Further to what @RandyEllsworth has suggested, this is what I have done.

I also have 4 Tier clients, so any exporting is done to the server, not the client pc.  To get round this I share a folder on the clients pc and hard code it into the workflow.  For my situation this works fine as its only a few users that need this funcitionality.  I am using a custom Transfer Mode to export SolidWorks CAD data:

PIE.JPG

Richard

www.prospectplm.co.uk

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Thanks Guys!

During the workflow, I am already calling a batch file so I placed this string on one of the lines:

move /y "D:\Siemens\TC_Root\pool_manager\confs\localhost\ExportFileName" "\\ServerName\C$\New_Location\"

Where local host is my computer name and ExportFileName is the file I wish to move.

And voila, the file has been moved to the desired location.