Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I preview a word document in AWC

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer
Dear all Can i see a word document in Active workspace like what we do in 4-Tier Rich Client ? If it can be , what should I do for it ?
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Can I preview a word document in AWC

I think you will have to set up office integration to view Word/Excel in AWC, by default in OOTB product one can see PDF/Text without any kind of integrations.

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer
Thanks for your reply!
As you said, it just can only see PDF/Text without any kind of integrations !
Do you know how to set up office integration to view Word/Excel in awc ?

you will have to add office integration feature on a Teamcenter corporate server ( Foundation) first, 

and then install the AWC server extension for office integrations.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon @GaneshDasmale, I have a question for you, maybe you know the answer to it: after I find an Item through a search Advanced Search -> Quick -> Item ID, how can I go to its revisions and view at the PDF documents attached to the revision?
I can view PDF documents when I use the search Advanced Search -> Quick -> Dataset Name.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

For editing word documents in AWC (in the page)you need to install "Teamcenter Office Online" integration. Needs extra infrastructure.
For editing word documents in Word you can use "Teamcenter Client for Microsoft Office" (separate installation, can be installed via RAC)
For viewing in content in AWC you need to generate PDF files (dispatcher or upload manually).

Solution Partner Genius
Why do you use Advanced Search in AWC? AWC search will find the Item ID and show you the revision (not Item level).
Datasets should be on the "overview tab" for document Revision and "attachments tab" for ItemRevision

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon @mortenmoi  we use it because we have not yet installed Solr and TcFTSIndexer, at the moment we need AWC to search and view PDF documents attached to revisions, but we would like to search it by Item ID

Solution Partner Genius

@ArthurRM wrote:

Good afternoon @mortenmoi  we use it because we have not yet installed Solr and TcFTSIndexer, at the moment we need AWC to search and view PDF documents attached to revisions, but we would like to search it by Item ID

You can add "Item Revision..." as a quick search in TC Preferences
Quick_Access_Queries - add value "Item Revision..."  (with the ...)
Quick_Access_Queries_Attributes - add value "Item Revision..._SearchAttribute=ItemID"

Then search for Item ID in the Item Revision search (will show ItemRevision objects instead of Item objects)
Then make sure to have universal viewer on the overview page to view PDFs (might need to configure AWC stylesheets)

See image for example