Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can someone tell me how Change Author license works in TC

We keep getting an error (the attempted action requires a named user license of "change_author"). I thought we had enough Change Author licenses for our users but it doesn't look like it. Can someone explain how they are used? Is one snagged up and taken for 30 days? Is one snagged up and taken just for the current month? What actions actually require a change author license? I heard some talk about a patch fixing a bug that was using the change author license incorrectly, but we can't patch for at least a month. A month is a long time when users are screaming at you. I am lost in license nightmare.

2 REPLIES

Re: Can someone tell me how Change Author license works in TC

Change Management requires change_author. So creating, editing or revising a Change Request, Change Notice or Manufacturing Change Notice will require the license. For details on license usage, you'll have to ask your Customer Service Rep (CSR). They don't tell us normal folks what goes into their secret sauce.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: Can someone tell me how Change Author license works in TC

Thank you Randy. So far I have not been able to get anything understandable out of anyone. We did put in an IR this morning though, because i'm pretty sure what we are experiencing is a bug that is fixed in a patch. Here is where the hard place and the rock meet, we can't patch for at least another month. Was just hoping someone else had gone thru this and had an answer other than patching.