Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Solid Edge dataset that is in pseudofolder

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello, I hope ypu can help me with this.

I have created ItemType with pseudo folders. Than I have created SolidEdge part and draft files and put them inside Pseudofolder. Now when I start SolidEdge and click open it shows that this ItemType does not have SolidEdge datasets. When I click on SE Part in TC and then on Solid Edge icon to open the file I receive an error ''Item ID was not found. This can happen if you are connected to the wrong TC database.'' Is there something else I have to set so Solid Edge will open files from Pseudofolders? If I put file outside pseudofolder than I can open it. I presume that the problem is that this dataset has relation to pseudofolder but I do not know what else to set so SE will see also pseudofolder relations.

5 REPLIES

Re: Cannot open Solid Edge dataset that is in pseudofolder

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
A pseudo folder is just a relation exposed as a folder. I suspect the relation used is the problem. If you select the Item Revision and then the Details page, what relation type is shown for the SE dataset?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

I also believe that relation is a problem. Relation is pseudofolder. My pseudofolder name is LB3_Documentation and relation for SE Part is LB3_Documentation. That is why I'm asking if it is possible to say to SE to also use other relations not just default IMAN_specification.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I doubt that's possible. You have to make certain assumptions when coding a CAD integration. Specification (also Manifestation and Reference) is a special relation that has a specific function within Teamcenter.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Randy is correct. SEEC only displays/uses the IMAN_specification relation for datasets (except JT's = IMAN_rendering). You need to change all your relations for your SE files, after that you will be able to see/use them in SEEC. This also applies to any excel dataset you need SEEC to use for any SE files.

Jamie Griffis

Thanks for the answers, obviously I will have to rethink this.