Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing Ownership for Entire BOM or BOP Structure using Workflow

Pioneer
Pioneer

I did that, I still get the same error. But works for the last child item as intended. 

Pic.PNG

Phenom
Phenom

I think one of the revisions is checked out, you cant attach objects as targets if they are checked out.

I put ps-attach on a vailidate task with a failure path. Users get a condition task which prompts them to check in and continue or exit the workflow:

Capture.JPG

Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM

Pioneer
Pioneer

I actually tried it on a completely new BOM structure which i created to check, so they were not checked out. I was also wondering if i need to add any additional handlers to apply it on a BOP structure.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Your workflow is performing two different actions, and you will need two different permissions;

• Add Attachments
    To add attachments you require the CHANGE permission to be granted (strictly it's whatever the preference WRKFLW_modify_target_list_access_privilege is set to).  You can do this with a workflow ACL that grants CHANGE, and you need to make sure it is in force before your PS-attach-assembly-components and EPM-attach-related-objects handlers.
  • Change Ownership
    For this you will require the Change Ownership permission to be granted.  As above you should be able to do this with a workflow ACL.

The error you got in your last post is from adding the attachments, not from trying to change the ownership.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for patiently replying to all my queries. I tried adding an additional workflow ACL before the PS-attach-assembly-components granting the CHAGNE authorisation, but I still get the same error. Also, one thing which i must add is that i create the BOM strcuture in infodba and send it to another user through an envolope and then apply the workflow process. Can this be the probelm?

Phenom
Phenom

And also, it may not attach as a target if its open in Structure Manager...

Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Object owned by infodba have some specific access control entries in the access manager tree that deny certain privileges to general users.  I suspect that this ownership is certainly not helping.

You should avoid having any non-system objects owned by infodba.

Try with an assembly owned by another user and see if your workflow works.

Pioneer
Pioneer

No it does not, I still get the same error as before.

Phenom
Phenom

Have you made sure you have closed Structure Manager.

What does the syslog say?

Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Well i am afraid i dont know how to do that. Is it just going to the temp folder and checking for a syslog file or something else . Doesnt closing the teamcenter and opening it again achieve this?