Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Checking children for a release status in workflow

I am working on our companys workflow and found a handler "TCX-check-bomchild-statuslist" that checks the children of an assembly in a BOM view revision for a valid status. The problem I seem to be having is the configuration rule. Can someone describe to me what this is doing. Is it actually configuring the BOW view with that rule and checking for status?

5 REPLIES

Re: Checking children for a release status in workflow

This is usage of TCX-check-bomchild-statuslist handler.

The usage is applied not Teamcenter but Teamcenter Express.

---------------------------------------------

TCX-check-bomchild-statuslist

Description

Checks all components of a target assembly in a BOMView revision for a valid status.

Syntax

TCX-check-bomchild-statuslist -rule=configurationrule
-statelist=status[,status] [—check_job=[y|n]]. [—log=[error<all]] [-stop=[y|n]] [-maxdepth=depth]

Arguments

Parameter

Description

Value

-rule

Configuration rule.

-statelist

Comma-separated list of valid status names.

-check_job

Defines the terms of the component status.

• n = All components must possess a correct status or be target objects in the same workflow.

• y = All components must possess a correct status and be target objects in the same or another workflow.

-log

Log data record.

• error = Record incorrect components only.

• all = Record all component examinations.

-stop

Warning in the event of an error (=n) or Workflow with error stop (=y)

Warning in the event of an error (=n) or Workflow with error stop (=y)

-maxdepth

Level in the assembly to be checked.

• 1 = First level

• 2 = Second level

• 0 = All levels

Placement

Must be set in the Complete action of the perform-signoffs task. After this handler is used, no changes should be made to the BOM view revisions.

Restrictions

None.

I have seen other TC Express workflow handlers which would have been useful but not avalible in Teamcenter.

This morning I got the SFB-Teamcenter.8844 stating that the TCX handlers are now also avalible in Teamcenter 10.1!

A previous SFB stated that workflow handlers beginning in TCX were only supported in Teamcenter Express.  Beginning with Teamcenter 10.1, all such handlers are also supported in Teamcenter.  Starting with Teamcenter 10.1, the handlers starting with TCX have been      renamed to start with TcRS since Teamcenter Express is now Teamcenter RapidStart.

... but the one meantion in this thread isn't included and I have TC10.1.3 installed.

It would really helped when we revise some structures.

>> ... but the one meantion in this thread isn't included and I have TC10.1.3 installed.

You are on the right track when looking for the TCRS-* handlers, but TCRS-check-bomchild-statuslist is a RuleHandler, not an ActionHandler ...

Thomas Zwatz, CADadmin, PÖTTINGER Landtechnik GmbH
NX10.0.3.5 MP03 + TC10.1.5.1 [stable], NX10.0.3.5 MP08 + TC10.1.5.1[testing]
SingleSite 2T&4T, DocMgt, MRO, ReqMgt, SchedMgt, T4S
BCT-Inspector Neutral V16.1.4, ANSYS 16.1

Correct zwattho! I was a little bit to fast , it's avalible in the list!

Hi all,

I'm using this rule handler in a workflow. It works (it will tell the user that not all children have a valid status), but it does not continue the way I want it to. I have used the -stop=y argument, and that's exactly what it does. The targets stay "in process", and I need to o to work flow viewer and abort the workflow. I would like the workflow to show the warning and abort automatically. I'm not sure if I can pass on the result of the check to a condition task and exit. Anyone who can offer me some help?

Thanks,

Eric

TC10.1.4