Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification customization

Genius
Genius

Hello;

I need to add some other columns beside class id, ... in Table tab, how It can be done?

I really appreciate your help.

BR.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Classification customization

Creator
Creator

Which Table tab are you referring to?  The classification search results table?

Genius
Genius

yes 

Creator
Creator

Once you assign attributes to a class, they show up in the classification search results table as columns.  Look in your classification admin guide for "Assign Attributes to Class" section.  If you've already done this and they still don't show up, make sure you did not create a view that didn't include them, or hid them.  Out of the box, the default view shows all attributes assigned to a class.

Genius
Genius

Hi,

Thanks for you reply, I think my case is a little different as I need some attribute of the item which is not related to classification basically like the project,release status, etc to be shown in those columns ...

BR.

Legend
Legend

dont think it's not impossible

try to inherit your search table results class from core search results table class and add needed column

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
See Home->Classifying Data->Classification Admin->Creating and managing the attribute dictionary->Assigning reference attributes section in documentation.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12.1/help#uid:xid1256820:index_class_admin:id201576:...

Creator
Creator

That table is only for classification attribute search results.  As Yuri mentioned, you'll need to make classification attributes that are reference attributes.  Reference attributes inherit their value from the item (or master form or item revision or whatever you specify).  You won't ever have to fill them out, but you do need to assign them to your classes to have them viewable in the table results.