Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Clear organization of all groups and replace it with the default

Hello,

Is there any way to overwrite  the  current organization and replace it with the teamcenter default?

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author rdm12
‎02-09-2017 09:08 AM

Re: Clear organization of all groups and replace it with the default

The Organization is foundational to the entire environment and has too many dependencies to be simply replaced. It affects ACL's, Change Management, Workflows, PAL's/Dynamic Participants, Workflow Filtering and a whole mess of other functionality that is spread across Teamcenter and BMIDE.

Short answer is: No. A longer answer is, yes, but it will take significant resources to redesign/align/deploy. The long answer requires you to install Teamcenter with the default Org in a separate environment then migrate the current content to the new environment while mapping one to the other. Not a option for the faint of heart (hence the short answer). Warning: migrations are ALWAYS messy things.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Why do you want to do that?  It's more or less like starting over.

[ Edited ]

i'm working on a test server and was wondering if I can overwrite from TC command the Organization without renaming manually(from rich client) the Groups.

You would need to provide the UID of the group and I can't think of any utils to do this right now (probably is a way but my head cold has me a bit fuzzy today). The easiest way I can think of is using SQL commands directly against the DB. However, you are unsupported in that activity. The PUID is the key to changing the name.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2