Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearlocks not running with infodba user in Tc11.2.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I am facing this strange issue. I am trying to execute clearlocks -assert_all_dead with infodba user and am getting this error "You are not a privileged user to run clearlocks -assert_all_dead".
I have created a new user under DBA role and tried to run clearlocks with that user, its running successfully.other utilities are also running fine with infodba user (preferences_manage, list_users etc).

Thanks in advance for your help..

6 REPLIES

Re: Clearlocks not running with infodba user in Tc11.2.2

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The error indicates that user "infodba" has been removed from the DBA group. By creating a new user/group member in DBA you were able to run the command so check that user "infodba" also belongs to the DBA group.

Check the clearlocks syslog for more clues.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your reply, but actual problem is very strange. Let me explain..
This is a replica of an another teamcenter env. infodba user password is "xyz" in source env. Clearlocks is now running fine with infodba user password of source env. But when I did the replication, i have updated infodba user password as infodba and i am able to login tc client with the same password. Also other utilities are running with password as 'infodba'. Only clearlocks is not running with this password and considering password of source env.

Any idea about this ??

Solution Partner Phenom

That is indeed strange behavior that I've never experienced. If you're positive that you've cloned TC_DATA and made the edits to tc_profilevars.bat correctly then it has to be a cache problem (best guess): Regen the pom schema; Rebuild the Meta and Client Meta cache. Reboot the server.

Launch a *new* TC command window and type "set TC" to validate the settings. I've caught myself using an old command window before (launched before the clone operation was finished).

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have done all those steps while creating a replica and verified once again.. everything seems fine no clue

Smiley Sad i just checked a ppom_user table. I could see a column "pfnd0loginlicenselevel". It contains value '5' for infodba and for other dba users it is 'null'

I have searched for a documentation to understand this login license level but i do not find a document for that.

Any idea about this ??

Solution Partner Phenom

No idea. Can you attach a clearlocks syslog, full debug, for a failed attempt using the "new" password that is accepted by other utilities?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Unfortunately I lost the syslog of failed attempt. I will reproduce and share it. Meanwhile I thought to share few more info on this issue.

We have single sign on configured in our Teamcenter env & I could see 'infodba' user has been added in the preference 'LDAP_ignore_users'. I have compared the encripted password string of 'infodba' in ppom_user table with another teamcenter env that contains the infodba password as infodba. Found the difference in string and hence I have copied that encrypted password string to my database. After this change clearlocks is now running fine with infodba\infodba.

My question is, if ppom_user table has a wrong password for infodba which was creating the problem to execute clearlocks, how I am able to login tc client with the same password & also other utilities are running fine with that.