cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClientRequestException: VOLUME_FILE_NOT_FOUND_4 at login to TC

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

What could be the reason for this error? Though FCC is started I see the following messages in RAC log.

ERROR 2016-04-27 09:55:18,199 - ClientRequestException: VOLUME_FILE_NOT_FOUND_4 000000000000080752977c12875c084b,00e4529778cf875c084b,dba_52976ac2\fnd0log_xml_dq301cc56lxmv.xml,{4},{5},{6},{7} (Localization not found for TextID 'ClientRequestException: VOLUME_FILE_NOT_FOUND_4' in package: 'com.teamcenter.fms.clientcache'): ClientRequestException: VOLUME_FILE_NOT_FOUND_4 000000000000080752977c12875c084b,00e4529778cf875c084b,dba_52976ac2\fnd0log_xml_dq301cc56lxmv.xml,{4},{5},{6},{7} (Localization not found for TextID 'ClientRequestException: VOLUME_FILE_NOT_FOUND_4' in package: 'com.teamcenter.fms.clientcache')
File Client Cache is not enabled. Please contact your System Administrator.

7 REPLIES

Re: ClientRequestException: VOLUME_FILE_NOT_FOUND_4 at login to TC

Phenom
Phenom

When I checked in the volume folder, the xml file specified in error message is not available. I created a dummy file with that name and when I try to login next time, I get the same error message with another filename.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi,

this may be related to operational system folder permissions.

You may try to give full access on volume folder and subfolders and check if the same messages appear in log file.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Looks like your database and volume is out of sync.

Phenom
Phenom

thanks for your replies.

it did not work after modifying folder permissions.

User MSS, please let me know if there there is a way to recover from this ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What is the history of this environment?

• Is it a production or non-production environment?
  • Were there any restores (DB or volume) recently?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Check that the Transient Volume definition is correct. The TV ID is a computed value so changes to the Site ID, Transient_Volume_RootDir or Transient_Volume_Installation_Location can change the math. To validate it, on the server running server (pool) manager:

1. Run backup_xmlinfo which generates backup.xml.
  2. Review backup.xml and compare transientVolumeInfo.transVolId with Default_Transient_Volume_Id. They should be identical.
  3. Resolve any differences by changing the preference Default_Transient_Volume_Id.
  4. Now compare backup.xml transientVolumeInfo.transVolId with the fms master transientvolume id. They should be identical.
  5. Resolve any differences by changing the fms master and restarting the FSC service.

Another possibility is that this is a clone and the volumes were copied. If that happened then you'll need to ensure that the account running the FSC service is also the owner of the volumes by:

1. takeown /f . /r /d y
  2. icacls . /grant administrators:F /t
  3. attrib -h -s -r volume01

Note: in the example above my volume is named volume01.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks MSS and Randy for your responses.

Though I had to run one snapshot back due to time constraints (I am on a developement server on VM) before I could read your responses, I wanted to know the reason behind this problem, because I have faced this few times in past.

I at least got some direction now and I can follow the tips from Randy next time!