Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Property

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I want to create a property (named "Custom Specification") which acts as Occurrence Type (bl_occ_type) in BOMLine. Value of the property should vary accourding to assembly.

For example:

Part A is component of both Assembly01 and Assembly02.

Value of the Custom Specification property for Part A is XX01 for Assembly01 and YY02 for Assembly02.

I also try to map the property (and its value) to NX.

Could you please help me to implement this congifuration?

Emre
TUSAS Engine Industries, Inc.
6 REPLIES

Re: Component Property

Legend
Legend

Hi

So the value should be like a runtime attribute and changed based upon what assembly it is used in, correct?

What is then defining the value XX01 or YY02? the user or something in the assembly?

Jörgen Mähler, PLM Lead Hydro
TC11.5 | TcIC11.5 | Swim 11.4 | Supplier Collaboration
NX 11,12 | Catia V5 | Solidworks 2018 | AutoCad2018

Creator
Creator

Hi Jormah,

Thanks for your answer.

The user will define the value.

For example;

The user will open the Assembly01 in Structure Manager (or NX) and define the value of Custom Specification property for Part A as XX01

and

The user will open the Assembly02 in Structure Manager (or NX) and define the value of Custom Specification property for Part A as YY01.

Thus, Custom Specification property of Part A will has different values according to assemblies which includes Part A.

Note:

Occurrence Type (bl_occ_type) and Make/Buy (bl_part_source) properties in BOMLine works such.

Value of Occurrence Type (bl_occ_type) property Matches to OCCURRENCE_TYPE attribute in NX.

Make/Buy is also related to Part item type. You can't define Make/Buy property for any other item types.

Emre

Creator
Creator
Hello Arthur,
Thanks for your answer.

I saw that structure manager has NX Name property comes from ug name note in BMIDE and it manipulates component name property in NX. But i can't understand how to map two properties.
I created a note on BMIDE, then try to map it using export / import mapping tool. Two properties didn't schronized each other.
My propose is to match the properties between TC structure manager and NX.
Do you have any solution for mapping?
Emre

Phenom
Phenom

I think that you need to do what is written in the NX documentation

Occurrence Notes:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid457462

Creator
Creator