cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition for Workflow template filtering

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi all,i'm going to use condition for workflow template filtering since it will be deprecated and get a simple example on GTAC as following:

20171025112603.png

Is there a detailed step by step document on how to use condition-based template filters? The Teamcenter documentation is not sufficient.

In my case,i want to filter workflow template based on Item,ItemRevision,dataset(or including subtypes of them) and group(or subgroups).

Does anybody have done this? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: Condition for Workflow template filtering

Legend
Legend

Hello

The first thing we must accept is, the workflow filter condition will try evalute all the objects that are selected as targets for the workflow process being initiated.

The workflow process template will be shown in the list iff all the targets satisfy the condition.

And each workflow can accept one and only one filter condition.

As you can see from the documentation, by default the condition must have this keyword 'WF' in the condition name. Ofcourse it can be configured by tweaking Fnd0FilterCondition dynamic LOV.

Next thing is the condition signature. It can have the following parameters:
WorkspaceObject o -> can be used to evaluate object type or properties
ImanType t --> can be used to evaluate object type
UserSession u --> user group, role, current project, context etc

You might encounter sometimes that the workspaceobject is too generic to evaluate its properties. In those cases, you can replace WorkspaceObject with any subtype like Item, ItemRevision, Document, Form. If you replace, the workflow cannot accept any object which is other than type or subtype of the object type specified in the condition.

I havent tried removing or replacing the other two arguments (ImanType, UserSession) in the signature.

You can play around with these three arguments as long as the condition expression (xml representation) doesnt exceed 4000 characters. Ofcourse you can always create nested conditions, so there is no limit :-D.

Regards

Mahendra

Re: Condition for Workflow template filtering

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi Mahendra,thanks a lot for your replySmiley Happysmileyindifferent: