cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Mail alerts from Teamcenter to external email ID using GMAIL cloud server

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, 

Can you someone update me on configuring Teamcenter mail for external IDs using GMAIL as cloud server. 

I am not able to configure mail alerts for Work Flow process as we are using GMAIL as SMTP server (smtp.gmail.com) When I raise the IR Siemens replied on cloud server TC Mail configuration is not supported.

Mail_server_name=smtp.gmail.com

In these days, many ORG has moved on cloud environment & there should be work around to configure email alerts using Teamcenter. Can someone provide me solution. 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: Configure Mail alerts from Teamcenter to external email ID using GMAIL cloud server

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
GTAC has told you that GMAIL is unsupported. So stand up your own SMTP server specifically for Teamcenter! There are many programs available but my favorite is the open source hMailServer (https://www.hmailserver.com/). It's easy to install and configure and lightweight enough that it can live on the same server as server manager. Good luck!

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: Configure Mail alerts from Teamcenter to external email ID using GMAIL cloud server

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you Randy. May I will check with IT to setup & configure.

I know many of the companies instead of owning infrastrucures, they are moving to cloud based enviornment they setup mail server, storage on cloud environment. Siemens should provide solution for such companies who are on cloud based & that is what the future is..

thanks any way... Let me try alternate..