Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring the AWC Home Page .

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi ,

I'm new at configuring the AWC pages according to the some informations. Actually i do not know , where should i start to configure it ?

2019-03-11_15h31_06.png

Can i configure that page according to the user or group base ?

For example , for a specific group , i want that , the user which is in the that specific group , when i log in with that user , they should only see the save search options. Then , he/she fill the required values to search items.

Where should i start or how can i find the related document about it ?

Best Regards

Gurkan

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Configuring the AWC Home Page .

The Buttons which you can see on the home screen of ActiveWorkspace are "tiles".

You can find them when you search them with a query in RhichClient.

The tiles are combined to "tiles collections". You can also find them with a query.

There is one standard tile collection for the "site", but you can create also a tile collection for certain groups which are then used as a default for each user of this group.

Legend
Legend

Configuring Activeworkspace user interface, this will help you.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/aw/4.0/aw_html_collection/#uid:xid1284832:index_Configu...

Regards
Rafa

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi @Rafa2 @daniel_froehlich ;

Thank for a quick response , yes i found similar works with the tiles and i'm working on it. Also i have a different question ;

I want to hide that advance search section from the same specific user groups , how can i do that ?

2019-03-11_15h31_06.png

There is a preferece with the name "AW_Advanced_Search_Visibility".

I am not sure if it is recommended, but you can change the "Protection Scope" of this preference from "Site" to "Group" and then you should be able to adjust the visibility for each group.