Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Connect to another TC DB after closing first session

[ Edited ]

Hello,

we are using rich client setups and have multiple Teamcenter installations due to customer environments.

Our problem is that if we close a Teamcenter session and want to connect to another TC server I get the below shown error.

The only way I know up until now is to kill the java process and then it works.

But we would like to set up our batch files in a way that even users without admin privileges could connect to another server without closing java (because there could be another app open using java).

Does anybody have an idea how to achieve this with the above described restrictions?

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Connect to another TC DB after closing first session

You also need to close the TAO console window and stop the FCC process using the fccstat command line utility of Teamcenter.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Would this be possible in a batch file without admin privileges before starting a connection to another server?

The TAO console window and the fccstat utility must be run by the executing user, since both processes are usually owned by the session user.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I`m not sure if we could trigger this with a batch file...
Will double-check this with out IT.
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Klaus
‎02-11-2016 04:34 AM

I like to describe your situation as "running multiple clients on the same machine". It could be that you are connecting to different databases, as you describe, and it can also be running different flavors of the rich client (differing feature sets) connecting to the same database. Both cases are valid in today's world.

The situation requires you to handle:

• Resetting FMS_HOME
  • Managing the FCC
  • (NX Only) Resetting the registry for the location of start_nxmanager.bat

I tackle these in either portal\portal.bat (TEM: 2t & 4t) or rac\otwportal.bat (OTW: 4t).

Resetting FMS_HOME:

Simply change the line from "if not defined FMS_HOME set FMS_HOME=%TPR%\..\tccs" to "set FMS_HOME=%TPR%\..\tccs". What this does is force the setting of FMS_HOME to the correct value instead of checking if it is set and then doing nothing.

Managing the FCC:

It used to be that the FCC would continue to run for 30 minutes after TC had been closed. Today the FCC runs for 4 hours after TC has been closed. To mitigate, I add a line after "set JRE_HOME..." and before ":start_portal" to stop any previously running FCC.

%FMS_HOME%\bin\fccstat -stop

NX Only:

The location of start_nxmanager.bat is stored in the registry. You will need admin privleges to modify the registry entry but IT folks can usually open the registry key for modification through a group policy which allows this to work. After the fccstat command added above:

reg add HKCR\ugmportalfile\Shell\Open\command /d "%TPR%\start_nxmanager.bat" /f

Your portal or otwportal.bat will now look like the attached. These changes can be scripted as a post-install task for portal\portal.bat (TEM: 2t & 4t) or you can create a custom ICD to automatically have these changes in INSWEB rac\otwportal.bat (OTW: 4t). I'll be presenting on the OTW method at PLM World this year.

Each of your environments or different client flavors will now be happy when started.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Klaus
‎02-11-2016 04:35 AM

The image didn't attach. Trying again.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC