Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to a 2nd Licensing server for NX

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

We are hiring some engineers, but they should use their own NX license while working in our environment. 

So I've opened port 28000 in firewall in both ends and set up a nat rule. Telnet response is ok when trying to reach the server on port 28000. But Licensing tool is not able to connect to it properly. 

lisens.jpg

Running lmutil.exe gives me this result. To me it seems like it is connecting to server as such but not able to grab a license? 

PS C:\Siemens\NX11.0\UGFLEXLM> .\lmutil lmstat -c 28000@176.xx.xx.xx

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Thu 2/15/2018 17:03

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 28000@MD-AVEVA
License file(s) on MD-AVEVA04: C:\Program Files\Siemens\PLMLicenseServer\License_Ugslmd.txt:

MD-AVEVA04: license server UP (MASTER) v11.13.1

Vendor daemon status (on MD-AVEVA04):

ugslmd: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,491)

I have tried to set FLEXLM_TIMEOUT=10000000 to give it more time to connect, but still no luck. 

Any suggestions why we cannot connect? Are there more ports than 28000 that needs to be open? 

4 REPLIES

Re: Connecting to a 2nd Licensing server for NX

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Can you attach the FlexLM log? And what version of Tc are you using (if that's what you meant by environment)?

Newer versions of Tc do not support a separate license for NX unless you have a special license in the Tc license that allows it (TC30600).

TC30600
"The NX Integration with Teamcenter delivered with NX Mach products are packaged to work in an environment where the Teamcenter and NX license servers are on the same machine.

If a customer intends to work with a centralized Teamcenter license server and local NX license servers they must purchase the NX Embedded client (TC30600) for the centralized Teamcenter license server."

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
You'll probably need to hardcode the 2nd vendor port which flexlm uses, and then open that port up in your firewall settings as well.

In your license file, set the ugslmd daemon to use a specific port (your choice).
VENDOR ugslmd PORT=27949

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

You have to allow incoming traffic for lmgrd and ugslmd.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you. Hardcoding the ugslmd port in license file and updating firewall rules for that port solved the connection problem.