Has anyone converted your secondary business object in Teamcenter into primary and if so what is your expirance?
Something that failed or did it go just smooth during the transformationprocess?
Some stuff to consider which is learned during your process?
What do you mean by converting secondary BO? The Business Object is neither Primary nor secondary until it is related with another Business Object via a relation.
I converted ours a couple months ago without any problem. Our data model dates back to the Tc Engineering and Teamcenter 2007UA days. Our custom business objects were all secondary. After conversion, everything was fine and performance did seem to improve slightly.
I tested the conversion in a test environment first and did the official conversion in the off hours after kicking every one out the system.
Wanted just to check if something extra was to be expected but I also made this conversion in our testsystem and it all went smooth some week ago.
This weekend I converted the items in our production environment and it also went smooth without any errors.
Feelt that the process went fast (Not so usual with changes in BMIDE) but all the logs report success and it all works fine so all should be ok.
Thanks for all replies!