Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could item id stay full with using intelligent part numbering. And how should sort attributes list?

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

I made an intelligent part numbering to some custom items. I need to know if it is possible, when the user filled the attributes and click "finish" , could do all attributes stay full ,because normally(I put the screenshot after click finish) when the user click to finish it clean all attributes lines. I wanted to set it, to stay full. And I couldn't sort it as my expectation, it sort the attributes by A-Z. How could I sort the attributes by my as I wanted? Thanks in advance.

Item_id01.JPGItem_id.JPG

1 REPLY

Re: Could item id stay full with using intelligent part numbering. And how should sort attributes li

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
It appears to be working as designed. To get values to persist from one instance of the creation wizard to the next, you have to set default values. I don't know of a way to cache the values and use them in the next iteration. The sort order is based on the property name. To overcome these limitations you would have to rebuild the creation wizard from scratch and replace the ootb which sounds like a lot of non-value added work that could cause issues during a future upgrade. I don't know of any configuration only customization for these requirements.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4