Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Count items in a folder

Does anyone know how I can check how many items/datasets is linked to a folder in Teamcenter 8.3 without counting them manually?

9 REPLIES

Re: Count items in a folder

I assume you mean TcSE (TCR)

Have you tried an advanced search (using the statring object) to ADD the Complying and Defining objects? The results window will tell you how many objects have been found.

Mark

Thanks for the reply!

I'm unsing TC 8.3 Unified Edition. Regarding your proposal I'm not getting exactly what you mean. Can you explain it some more.

Ok, I'm not using TCU so I don't know if this will work but in Teamcenter Systems Egineering this is what I would do ...

Select the Folder I'm interested in.

Select Search

Select Advanced

Selet Use starting object

Use the following search filter:

• Select <folder name>
  •     For Each
  •        Add Defining Objects

This will give you a result window with a list of all the Complying Objects linked to the folder

The folder name will be added automatocally when you selet Use Starting Object.

You will see a count of found objects in the top of the results screen (including the folder you searched fom). Subtract 1 and you have your answer.

Mark

The easiest way is to highlight everything in the folder and select "Copy".

There is a counter in the bottom right corner of the Rich Client that will tell you how many objects you have in your clipboard.

Hi,

A bit late, but at least in TC 10.1 you can right click in the toolbar down by the clipboard and check "Show Child Count Information":

Seems good TobbeP, we are on the move to TC10.1

Mr. TobbeP

Could you more detail for your suggest, it is same i have problem.

Thank you

Sudikin

Hi TOTOTC,

In TC10.1, if you right click in the toolbar down in the right corner of the main screen (where you have the clipboard):

You can as I described earlier, get a counter for the number of childs a parent got (e.g. a Folder):

Hope this make things a bit more clear  =)

Best Regards

TobbeP

Mr. TobbeP

Your suggest very clear and Solved.

Thank you VM

Regards

Sudikin