Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Bulk Folders in TC11

Hello Experts,

I have a folder structure in my File System. I have extracted them in a excel/text file.

How can i create a similar folder structure in Teamcenter? Preferrably by a Batch process/automatically!

Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks

Kind Regards,

Arun Kumar G

4 REPLIES

Re: Create Bulk Folders in TC11

If you are using TC 4Tier, then you can go for SOA API. In TC-installation media there is soa_client.zip under which you can find project HelloTemcenter you can add a function to read from excel/text and then create folders using Method CreateFolders() in class DataManagementService, where you can specify folder name to create and the parent folder under which the new folder will be attached.

If not, you can go for ITK utility.

There is a little known feature of the tc_extract_msa utility for creating and populating folders. It's activated using the "-report_type=folder" argument with the "-folder=my_folder_name" option. The folder name must be unique and will be placed in Newstuff. Use the "-filename=item_id_list.txt" to populate the folder.

The Teamcenter Multi-Site Assistant (MSA) is a separate download on GTAC and has some very helpful options for creating, populating, listing and clearing folders.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hi Randy, Thanks for your effort in replying. I was not able to locate the MSA utility in GTAC. Where exactly in GTAC is this downloadable? Thanks

You can find it in:
Teamcenter And Teamcenter Rapid Start > Product Updates > Tools > Windows (64-bit intel)

The latest version is:
Tc10.1_MultiSiteAssist_3.5.3_UserGuide.zip
Tc10.1_MultiSiteAssist_3.5.3_client.zip
Tc10.1_MultiSiteAssist_3.5.3_win64.zip

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2