Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create a date data entry field that will then populate all date data in the query?

I am looking to create either a managerial Query or Report for KPI use.

The report essentially is going to report on all changes done by a particlar department. 

This department is tasked with creating items, revving item revs, and statusing item revs.

My stretch goal would be to just display a simple number of these changes based upon a date entered. However, as a fall back plan I would be ok with a list of items revs as well. The manager can then just export the query results or report to excel and count the rows.

The issue here is that I want this fairly simple. I can use AND in the Query search criteria to put together the three reporting factors, but even though the date on each search criteria the date would need to be entered into each field. 

For instance for item revs I would use creation_date Created after >=07/29/2017. However, in the query I would need to enter the same date into date_released Released after >= 07/29/2017. 

For a manager this just seems silly. In some way it is silly to be concerned about the one extra step however far less expensive systems based on databases can do this easily. 

How do I create a date data entry field that will then populate all date data in the query?

1 REPLY

Re: Create a date data entry field that will then populate all date data in the query?

Maybe you can use the utility query_xml to run the query.
you can configure it to run in a batch file that gets 1 date input parameter