Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Create folders automatically under Item Revisions

Hi guys,

Suppose the user creates an item with an ID of 100001.

Then the system adds "/A" as an Item Revision.

I want the system to create a folder called "OPERATION_PAPERS" under all Item revisions. When first created or created by Revise function, doesn't matter.

It would be better is the folder's name is "100001_OPERATION_PAPERS", I mean having the ItemID as a prefix.

Thanks!

Cem

4 REPLIES

Re: Create folders automatically under Item Revisions

Hello,

I could think of 2 ways:

- Create folder 'OPERATIONS_PAPERS' using automateandlink as a post action on item create. You could configure this from BMIDE. You may want to consider a custom relation between the item revision and folder (type: folder) as this will allow you to 'propagate' item ID (100..01) from item revision to the folder name.

- If Pseudo folder is okay for you (instead of a folder), then you could set up a custom Relation. Then set up a relation property + preferences on Item Revision to display this custom relation as a pseudo folder.

Folders (not pseudo folder) is handy to organize objects in the workspace but comes with few cons (duplicates etc).

Harish

Is there sone sort of document under BMIDE on how to do that?

Cem ALPAY
Üçgen Yazılım Ltd. Şti.

--Mobil cihazımdan gönderildi--
--------------------------------
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author CemAlpay
‎05-02-2017 08:45 AM

Here is a link to the BMIDE documentation with title: 'Configure the automateAndLink extension'.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.2.3/help/#uid:xid430074

This should guide you with steps to create automatic folders.

Here is a link to the BMIDE documentation with title: Create a relation business object

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.2.3/help/#uid:create_a_relation_business_object

This should guide you in the 2nd approach I mentioned (pseudo folder / custom relation)

I have taken the liberty to point you to TC11.2.3 Teamcenter documentation.

You will require GTAC webkey to login to this site

Harish

Thanks a lot Harish!

Cem ALPAY
Üçgen Yazılım Ltd. Şti.

--Mobil cihazımdan gönderildi--
--------------------------------