Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating JT files from UGMASTER files using TSTK-CreateTranslationRequest

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello all,

I am having difficulty creating JT files using this workflow action handler. For the action handler, I am using TSTK-CreateTranslationRequest as explained in the title. For the variables:

Argument:                         Value(s)

-ProviderName                  SIEMENS

-ServiceName                    nxtopvdirect

-Priority                              1

-DatasetTypeName           UGMASTER

After selecting the item revision, I run the workflow and nothing happens. I can click translation at the top of the screen and select administrator console where a popup will appear. The popup is titled dispatcher request administration console. I can search in this field and see the request I had just made using the workflow. However, there is no start time or end time.

Now, has anyone been successful in creating a JT from UGMASTER using TSTK-CreateTranslationRequest?

Could there be another issue affecting this request, meaning the workflow is correct?

Are there any alternative methods to achieving this goal of creating JT files?

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Creating JT files from UGMASTER files using TSTK-CreateTranslationRequest

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

The workflow alone will not help. Have you installed Dispatcher? During TEM installation, you can see "Dispatcher for Rich Client", "Dispatcher Server" and "Dispatcher Client". Make sure you have instaleld all these.

Then you should be able to see "Translate..." under Translation menu  in "My Teamcenter" (Rich client).

But you still need to configure to convert NX to JT. The Translators are available under the "Module" directory (where you have chosen a install directory for Dispatcher). Here set the "nxtopvdirect" to true (enable).

Hope this helps

Dispatcher for Rich Client, Dispatcher Server, and Dispatcher Client have all been installed. I think Dispatcher Scheduler was installed as well.

There is no translate tab under translation. Only administrator console-all.

Then when going through the file director, i found the nxtopvdirect bat file. I opened that but cant seem to find a true or false to be set.

Thanks

Siemens Genius

Make sure Dispatcher services are all running!

[Dispatcher_Root]\Module\conf\Translator.xml

Translator Configuration:
=========================
  - Configuration of Translator.xml:
    Set isactive="true" in translator.xml file inside <NxToPvDirect> tag
  - Replace appropriate values for "CHANGE_ME" in nxtopvdirect.bat/sh as per
    the instructions

Translate under Translation Menu will be available only if you have copied the plugin from your server to your client (com.teamcenter.rac.ets.translator.singleselection_11000.2.0.jar). Make sure this jar file exists in the client Portal\Plugins directory. If not, copy it from the server on to client and then do regenerate registry.

All the dispatcher services are running.

Verified everything is working as intended in the translator configuration.

Installed the plugin and the translate option now appears under the translation menu. Chose the item revision with the UG file and clicked translate but nothing happened. I opened admin console to see the pending tasks in dispatcher and the one I ran has been terminated.

Siemens Genius

Did you looked in to the Log files? Just double click the Terminal task in the Admin console and there is a tab called Logs where you can download the log file and analye it further.

Thanks for all your help.

Going back to the admin console, it seems that the tasks pending have been deleted. So I am unable to double click the terminal task. However, one of my colleagues says he got it working but with some new errors with NX integration. I have not had a chance to look into what he changed.