Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a exe for 4T client

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have installed the 4T client. I wanted to create the exe for the 4T client so that it can be share and installed in the client machine. can you please guide me how to create the exe?

7 REPLIES

Re: Creating a exe for 4T client

Legend
Legend

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question...

Are you wanting a way to silently deploy 4 tier rich clients to pcs? Or, are you wanting to run Teamcenter utilities that require a Teamcenter sourced command window?

Richard

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
Prospect PLM Ltd

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I want to create an exe from the TC 4T client in order to upload in to a common portal from where the users can download and install it in their client PC.

Creator
Creator

Hi,

You can install an OTW server, generate the URL and distribute that URL to your users.

Once the user launches that URL, TC 4 client will get installed in their machine.

Builder
Builder

@xerox_wgc wrote:

Hi,

You can install an OTW server, generate the URL and distribute that URL to your users.

Once the user launches that URL, TC 4 client will get installed in their machine.

AFAIK OTW is on deprecation line due to Java rules or limitation. Are you aware of any other SIEMENS solution to be replaced with OTW?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Active Workspace.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Builder
Builder

@RandyEllsworth wrote:
Active Workspace.

Is it possible to use ActiveWorkspace for rich client remote installation?

I think, ActiveWorkspace is a nice solution for remote users, suppliers, labs, portable devices but it needs many hardware resources in server side as an enterprise solution for example visualizatin server, index server, more memory, faster hdd (ssd) and so on. So the price is a compromise.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Then for a Siemens solution, which has never included an exe client installer, you'll have to wait until Deployment Center can create distributable client packages (war). Maybe in DC 3.0 or 4.0? All of the Web Tier/TcSS products that were compiled in INSWEB will now be compiled using DC.

There are customers out there which have created distributable client packages (exe) and deployed them using SCCM. But they developed it themselves and its not a Siemens product (Orca.exe comes in handy - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/msi/orca-exe).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4