Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Custom Counter in ITK

Is there a way to create custom counter using ITK? I want to generate a counter based on some runtime logic, so there is a posibility of a single object having n number of prefix with its own set of counters. Is there anyway to create a counter in ITK and use it?

From TC 11.2.3 onwards there are a few functions that can be used:

PROPERTY_legacy_create_id_counter,

PROPERTY_select_counter etc. 

I am using a lower version of teamcenter, and unable to find a way to achieve this.

I have also tried - USER_create_id_counter, this does create an instance in the IMANNEXTID table, however I am unaware of how I can use it next.

Is there anyway to achieve this?

1 REPLY
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ArunP
2 weeks ago

Re: Custom Counter in ITK

I've done something similar with ITK code.

There's many ways to do it but here's how I implemented it for my similar business case.

First I created a new form in the BMIDE. I gave that form some custom properties (prefix, counter, suffix). All of these are strings. Don't use an int for a counter if you need to have leading zeroes.

Then I created that form in the Teamcenter environment and set the custom attributes to what I wanted.

Then I wrote the custom code.

When I need to pull a new id, I look for the appropiate form. Once found, it increment the counter and returns the ID (prefix+ID+suffix).