Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Custom Release Status Icon does not render in Tc 11.4 RAC ?

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi Ambuj

I just went through this in an earlier version or Teamcenter but experiencing the same exact behavior. What I learned was the Status Icon next to the Item Revision is indeed driven by the customer.properties, release_status_list line. I haven't seen the release_statuses change anything. Instead what I did was create a property renderer in BMIDE. I added the icon files straight from the images folder to the images.xml with Add Bussiness Object Icon. The render definition was as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<icons Version="1.0">
<propertyMap name="ReleaseStatusMap">
<item key="<system name of status>" value="<exact icon file name>" />
</propertyMap>
<primaryIcon source="<exact default icon file name>">
<overlayIcon source="object_name" mapName="ReleaseStatusMap" />
</primaryIcon>
</icons>

Then in the Property Renderer Attachments, I added ReleaseStatus.object_string with an IsTrue condition.

If you open the ReleaseStatus object, go to properties, select object_string, open the Property Renderer Attaches tab below, you should see your property Renderer and condition.

Save it up and deploy it. This should set the icon on the status object. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the information.

I will try it out.

Cheers

Ambuj

Pioneer
Pioneer

@RandyEllsworth, I'm also trying to create custom release status icons, and I've followed the process outlined in this thread to a tee without success; my icons are not showing up either to the side of or below the affected item revision.

Based on what I'm seeing when running genregxml.bat, I'm wondering if I need to add any manual direction in that script to point to my plugins\customer.properties file and my plugins\images directory?

Here's why:

1. I can verify genregxml.bat is running without error, and is definitely regenerating all of the .gz files in C:\Program Files\Siemens\Teamcenter11\portal\registry
  2. Per Siemens documentation (https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help/#uid:xid1256877:index_programmers_guide:id...) I checked in the RAC help->About->installation details to see if the customer.properties file had been added to my list of plugins. It definitely has not been added to this list…so I’m thinking that’s the root of the problem, maybe.
    • Note, I tried to insert –clean and –initialize in my portal.bat file in accord with the linked Siemens documentation; this did not work for me, and caused the RAC to not start. I’m thinking I must have gotten the syntax wrong, but the documentation doesn’t list specifics on how to use these arguments. I believe this only serves to clear my Teamcenter RAC cache and my FCCCache, which I’ve done manually at every attempt. Just wanted to mention this, if I’m mistaken about the purpose for these arguments.
  3. Since the genregxml.bat file doesn’t appear to be finding my customer.properties file and adding it to my list of plugins…is there any editing that must be done to this script to point it at the new customer.properties file? I've attached a screenshot to help clarify.

genregxml_questions.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

Just to give the full picture and weed out the other common errors that have already been documented in the thread...any help is greatly appreciated!

My customer.properties file reads as follows:

props_contents.png

Here are my folder paths/png file properties:

folder_paths.png

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
My first comment is that this is not a plugin. You CAN create a plugin (jar) but the solution provided is not that.

The customer.properties is in the right location and the same with images. The contents of customer.properties looks suspicious because you are capitalizing the first letter. Even though this is not a plugin, any changes to the plugin folder will require genregxml to be run.

I recommend changing the release_statuses and release_status_list lines to be lower case. But keep the display names and image names matching the case of the actual values as you have. Then run genregxml. Maybe log out/in Teamcenter for validation.

You should not have to muck with the caches or startup switches. You look close. Let us know.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey @RandyEllsworth, I'm still working on this but wanted to update you; the upper case "R" on Release in my customer.properties file was the culprit for the status not showing up beside the item; now it is rendering there as expected, so thanks for that!

I'm still not seeing the updated icon below the item rev, and I followed the document that @Rafa2 provided earlier in this thread regarding adding the property renderer in BMIDE...any idea where I'm still going wrong?

My full render definition that got cut off below is:

<icons Version="1.0">

<item key="AER4_Reviewed" value="AER4Reviewed.png"/>

<item key="AER4_Developmental_Released" value="AER4Developmental_Released.png"/>

<item key="Obsolete" value="AER4Obsolete.png"/>

</propertyMap>

<primaryIcon source="object_name" mapName="ReleaseStatusMap"/>

</icons>

status applied.png

property renderer.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

@RandyEllsworth, the last hangup was due to another typo...status under the item rev wasn't being applied because my test workflow had a typo in the status name (I'd input the display name instead of the real name).

For some reason that still was allowing the icon/status to apply beside the rev, but wasn't carrying the icon down below the item rev. Now all's well! Thanks to you and also @Rafa2 for the great writeup.

icons applied.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, everybody!

I`ve faced with next behaiviour - in my case I do not see even original icon under IR21-06-2019 11-59-23.png

I feel that it is something wrong with render definition. here is my:

<icons Version="1.0">
<item key="R4_EarlyRelease" value="R4_ER.png"/>
</propertyMap>
<primaryIcon source="object_name" mapName="ReleaseStatusMap"/>
</icons>

21-06-2019 12-03-03.png

where:

R4_EarlyRelease - name of my custom status21-06-2019 12-02-13.png

R4_ER.png - custom icon (attached)

My TC version is 11.2.3 and customer.properties file looks like next:21-06-2019 12-05-46.png

please help me with Render Definition, I`m almost sure that the problem is there.

Legend
Legend

You didnt set the release status display name

instead of "R4_EarlyRelease" set "Early Release" in <key> tag

Pioneer
Pioneer

interesting but when I`ve changed

<item key="R4_EarlyRelease" value="R4_ER.png"/>

onto <item key="Early Release" value="R4_ER.png"/>

I see now default icon21-06-2019 14-09-12.png