Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Teamcenter RAC Login Dialog

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I tried to changed the Teamcenter RAC login dialog, and found the class RACLoginDialog.class, but I don't know how to replace this dialog using my own.

And I found the LOGIN_COMMAND in com.teamcenter.rac.kernal.kernal.properties, but I can't found the LoginCommand too.

It's there have a way to change the RAC login dialog using my own class? Or it just can decompliance then overwrite this class?

Thanks for your replies.

7 REPLIES

Re: Customizing Teamcenter RAC Login Dialog

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Just so you're aware, the licensing agreement you likely went right past without reading specifically prohibits decompiling and reverse engineering any part of Teamcenter supplied by Siemens.

What are you trying to modify in the login dialog?

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Solution Partner Creator

Customer hope TC RAC can auto login with using system username concat string as user id and the password calculated by the specific encryption method, and auto close the login dialog if login fail after click the message box's 'OK'.

I change the portal.bat and add vmargs with -Dautologin.user and -Dautologin.password, it can auto login, but if any error alert, the login dialog wouldn't dispose and user can enter any account password.

I had tried the extend RACLoginDialog and override methods, but it can't take effect like as override pasteCommand.

I tried the create kernal_user.properties to specify LOGIN_COMMAND to my class, but package com.teamcneter.rac.commands.login was not found in TPR\plugins\

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Have you looked into using Kerberos (TcSSO)?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I agree with Randy. It's be far easier/better to use Teamcenter's existing link into the company's domain authentication system than try to write your own.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Solution Partner Creator
Yes, I had tried to using kerberos authentication, it can auto login teamcenter without login dialog(browserless). But all of TcSSO was using system user name to login teamcenter?
Teamcenter user id was not the same with system user name, it must concat an specify string, like '108300' + system_user_name.

It's seems I can write a custom J2EE servlet filter the change the extract type from client certificates?

Solution Partner Creator
Opps, customer reject the proposal of install TcSSO, they hope do not change any architecture or component. The Teamcenter Server was online and it was one develop function of upgrade project, they don't want to change the existing login logic.

It only allow me change the 2-Tier RAC auto login dialog, it was so sad.
It's there any listener can known the login fail message box was dispose then kill the teamcenter process for close the login dialog?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Not that I know of. You'll need to ask GTAC as what you're proposing may not be supported.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4