Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

DB initialization error while installation of Teamcenter

I am facing the issue during installation of Teamcenter using TEM.

While installing Teamcenter with Oracle DB, The following error is occurred. I could not proceed the installation of Teamcenter. 

"Waring: The deploy_archive" command encountered a problem during execution and excited with return status:26044

I cannot solve how to solve this error. I tried to do installation many times. Could you someone help me to solve this issue?  Actually before facing this error, I faced another issue where TEM was suddenly stopped many times. After TEM was fixed, then I faced this issue. 

To solve this issue, I closed windows and I re-start the windows. 

But this issue was not solved. I guess because of the installation many times some other application use this DB. But I don't know how to solve this issue. 

Oracle DB is 11g. 

5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gimec
‎04-11-2017 05:35 AM

Re: DB initialization error while installation of Teamcenter

you can unpopulate the database instance which you have created for Teamcenter.

use the template provided in "app\Hostname\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\assistants\dbca\templates\tc_unpopulate_db.sql" to unpopulate.

it will drop all the tables and you can start the fresh installation.

Thank you for the replay.

I did it. But this error was occured again. I guess that previsouly I deleted the Teamcenter directly from folder. Actually Teamcenter file should be deleted by TEM.

I guess my wrong procedure made this issue. 

Thank you for your attention.

Initially I tried to install the teamcenter using pacth file which is for Teamcenter 10.1.  But I failed to install it in that situation. (Actually I did uninstallation of Teamcenter and Oracle DB. And I check the registry to check whether that uninstallation process was succeeded or not.  After this procedure, again I failed to do installation. )

After starting the installation of Teamcenter using base file not patch file, I could processed the installation without this issue. 

I don't know the reason why it happened.  Anyway thank you so much.

earlier I have also faced similar kind of issue while direct installation of 10.1.6, Without installing base.

which encountered the licensing issue while installation.

GTAC Suggested,

"If upgrading is not possible, the workaround is to install Teamcenter 10.1.0 and then patch it to Teamcenter 10.1.6. This should avoid the licensing problem that you have encountered."

Thank you for your additional information. Yes, actually in the log file, it mentioned "license program". 

This is what I want to know.

Thank you so much.