Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database restoring through server restore point

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Guys,

Due to some problems I encounter with TC. I want to roll the server back to a restore point just after the latest upgrade when things worked fine. on even before the upgrade if that upgrade was the problem.

My idea is to save backup the database and then link it up to the TC after I manage to get TC to work properly.

So I will save the backup on storage that will neot be affected by the roll back.

My question is. If I did this succesfully, will it be possible to link the database that I backed up again to the fixed TC instalation?

Could there be any issues for example with template and so forth that will make it a problem? I guess to be safe I could use the current state to come back to if anything fails. But it will be interesting to here others's input before I go and spend another 40 hours to do something that may not work.

2 REPLIES

Re: Database restoring through server restore point

Phenom
Phenom

Hello, in addition to the backup of the database, you should make a backup directory tc_data and all volumes

Highlighted

Re: Database restoring through server restore point

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
To get a good backup set for the server you need to backup: Database, Volumes, TC_ROOT and TC_DATA. The upgrade will likely replace binaries and libraries in TC_ROOT that will also need to be rolled back. Other things to backup that are not as critical but can cause issues after a roll-back are Dispatcher, TC_WEB, TcHelp, etc. The easiest way to accomplish a complete backup for a VM is to simply take a snapshot which will include everything. Real hardware will require you to manually create the backup set. If you have remote FSC services or local or store and forward volumes then you'll need to back up those and its TC_ROOT also. Usually, you know if the upgrade was successful before upgrading clients so no need to backup at that level.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4