Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Datasets inside the second ItemRevision do not get released status

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with this.

I have an ItemRevision which has another ItemRevision inside (see the picture). When I run WF on the first ItemRevision the second ItemRevision also gets the release status (this is ok). But what I want is that also datasets inside this second Item revision get the status. One way is that I choose both ItemRevisions and run WF on them (this works). But my question is if it is possible that if I run WF on the first ItemRevision also children-datasets from the second one get the status. Currently in the WF I have set:

EPM-attach-related-object with IMAN_specification, IMAN_reference, PSBOMViewRevision.

Does anybody know if this is possible or only the option with both selected revision is the right one.

Thanks.

Janez

4 REPLIES

Re: Datasets inside the second ItemRevision do not get released status

Hallo Janez,

Check the relation between the datasets & the Item Revision and include them in the "EPM-attach-related-objects" handler.

Use one handler per relation. Thanks

Hi ArunG,

I was also thinking like you have written. But the problem is that the 1'st ItemRev only has relation to second ItemRev and not its dataset (pictures attached), so I believe that is why it is not setting status to them. That is why my question is if it is possible to set the status to them.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author jan-its
‎06-17-2016 06:04 AM

OK. In that case i would use two Tasks.

First task defining:

EPM-attach-related-objects -relation = IMAN_reference -attachment=target

This would first attach your first revision to the workflow target.

On second Task:

EPM-attach-related-objects -relation = IMAN_specification -attachment=target

This should attach all the datasets to the workflow target.

Give it a try! Thanks

Thanks a lot, this worked.

Regards

Janez