Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Reviewer Pool for Check Release All

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if it were possible to modify the "Check Release All" Workflow. I would like to modify the "Select Reviewer" Task so that the Review task automatically assigns to the "Checker" Role. Selecting a reviewer will not be needed anymore, that's the goal.

Does anyone know how to do this?

________[Oo\____/oO]________

The truth is .... I am Dutch

C# - VS Ex 2015 - Solid Edge ST10 MP3 - TC11.4
Key-User, IT-student, no admin rights
5 REPLIES

Re: Default Reviewer Pool for Check Release All

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Check out "Dynamic Participants" in the Teamcenter help.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks.

I tried to create participant of the Checker-group, but it only creates it for the selected object, and not globally.

Also, when I edit the Workflow --> Select Reviewer Task, I don't understand what to modify. The Start-folder contains EPM-inherit and EPM-adhoc-signoffs. I see that I can do someting with Action Handler and arguments, but none of it makes sense really. I tried to do this: -assignee [$Proposed_Reviewer] (where I added the 'Checker' group as participant). This only shows errors.

Solution Partner Legend

You can assign the dynamic participant to multiple item revision types by entering a comma delimited list of item revision types in the "ParticipantUsedOnObjectTypes" business object constant (found on the Main tab of the dynamic participant in BMIDE).

In your Review Task, in the select-signoff-team subtask, use the EPM-adhoc-signoffs handler with -assignee=$DynamicParticipant as one of the arguments. Replace "$DynamicParticipant" with whatever name you gave your Checker under the "ParticipantHandlerKeyword" in BMIDE with the dollar sign in fromt of it. For example, if you gave the Dynamic Participant object the name "Checker" you would enter the -assignee argument as $Checker.

One you've made those changes and deployed to your instance of Teamcenter, before you start a new workflow select the IR that will be the target and go to Tools -> Assign Participants. You'll get a dialog with the defined Dynamic Participants in a panel on the left, and view of your Organization on the right. Select the dynamic particpant you wish to make an assignment for, them navigate to the user you wish to assign to itfrom the Organization tree on the right.

After you've made the assignment you can submit the IR to the workflow and the person you chose to be the checker will automatically be assigned to the sign-off task in the workflow.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Would I need to do the Assign Participants Step every time I want to release something? Because then my next question would be: How do I set the default value of Assigned Participants? I want to create a workflow that a designer can start, without having to select anything or anyone.

Solution Partner Legend

Yes, your choice of dynamic participant is a value stored in a property on the IR, and it has to be entered each time a new IR is created. I don't know if you can set a default value, but if you have a specific user doing the checking who would be your default you could just specify that user in your workflow and be done with it. That person could then delegate the task to someone else as needed.

Your other options are assigning the task to a resource pool, i.e., all members of a group and role of your choosing, or you could train your users to pick a user to be the checker when they submit the IR to the workflow. They'd do that by opening the "Assign All Tasks" tab on the New Process Dialog window, selecting the review task and assign a user from the organization tree.