cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete all users' data in a TC installation

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello,

I have a test base that I want to totally clean from all the datas created by the users.

I also want the PN assignement count to be reset so if I create a item it starts from 000001 again. 

Is there a way to do it easily or do I have do delete the datas one by one throught.

(A way to totally reset my installation would also be fine for me)

Thank you in advance.

Sènan

3 REPLIES

Re: Delete all users' data in a TC installation

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
I think the easiest way would be to start with a fresh Database.
Item ID counter cannot be started from 000001, first few numbers (I gues 01 to 19) are for standard Items.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi Amol,

Yes I can guess that the first numbers aren't available but it was to make my point understandable.

Thank you for you answer. But a new database would mean that I would lose things like my organization, my preferences, my stylesheets or my office templates right ?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Yes, you lose everything with a new database (including all the data). After installing fresh, then you can migrate your organization, access rules, workflows, stylesheets, preferences, integrations and custom template. Now you have a copy without any user data. It's a lot of work but you gain a deep understanding of what is custom/configured.

If you don't mind the user data so much, you can clone production but only bring over the dba volume. This will limit the disk space required and is a normal practice for creating a development environment where user data isn't important. You wouldn't want to omit the other volumes if you intend to allow user testing (Test, Stage, Quality, Training, etc.).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2