Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Deployment UNC path

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, I have not tried to do it yet. I have considered different installation methods, because OTW and the distribution server obsolete in Teamcenter 12

Genius
Genius

oh!! I didn't know that! Are you sure?

it was a key feature for TC in my idea! Is it possible that maybe the have not released it yet?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

You can read about it here: https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12/help#uid:index_tc_release_bulletin:id1470017:xid4...

I considered installing the rich client for shared disk deployment as one of the options for replacing OTW. It is also available in Teamcenter 11 (previously I gave you a link to the help from Teamcenter 11). We are not going to upgrade to Teamcenter 12 yet, but I've read a little about obsolete functions and what can be used instead of them.

Legend
Legend

HI

that is probably the TECS Mux, what you mean

read more about 4-Tier deployments here: 

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.3/help#uid:xid1256814:index_server_win:partGettin...

Genius
Genius

@Roman65

Hello Good afteroon;

I don't find TECS Mux context parameter in java ee web tier!!!

I set it when I installed server manager But I don't know where I can find it in web tier!!

May you help?

Genius
Genius

@ArthurRM

Do you know why the have discontinued OTW?

isn't it related to AWC?

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

The red lines are the shared TreeCache between Server Manager and the WebTier so that users are routed to the correct tcserver (the one they are connected to) instead of randomly (a bad thing). The black lines are the normal traffic flow from the user (HTTP from user to WebTier, Corba between WebTier and tcserver).

A more thorough communication diagram is attached.

Note: predates Active Workspace (this is an old diagram).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
OTW used and old form of Ant which was problematic since it didn't support all things Ant and it was difficult for first timers to understand and build using INSWEB. Further, AW is their go-forward platform that uses all the latest modern technologies (HTML5 and CSS3). Deployment Center will take over the duties from INSWEB for building WAR files (TcSSO, AW, etc.). The introduction of DC was the final nail in the coffin for INSWEB/OTW. At some unknown future date, DC will support deploying clients. Until then, we have to build silent TEM installs or use the zero-install option, Active Workspace.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Genius
Genius

Randy,thanks so much.

Is there any other zero-install option than shared deployment?

I just set Shared Treecache between Web tier and enterprise Tier as you explained before. Is any other thing that I must do? (any other port except 17800 and 17810 needs to be open between these two machines?).

excuse me for asking too much.