Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design simulation files into Teamcenter - not able to find the templates.

We want to save the NX Simulation files .fem .sim into Teamcenter so I have created a pax file with the templates we want and imported the templates into teamcenter using ug_clone. The pax file remains on a disk drive. It starts with nxdm_ and we havesimilar pax files for model and drawings working just fine.

In Teamcenter items are created with the CAEItem subitems CAE_Analysis and CAE_Model after we imported the templates.

All seems fine but... when we start NX I can see in the log files that it states:

*** NOTE:: in line 551 of o:\ugnx1001\ip4\src\ugmr\no\ind\ugmgr_cae_types.c at Thu Jul 21 12:37:04 2016 Västeuropa, sommartid
+++ CAEAnalysis/Subtypes not installed on Teamcenter server
*** NOTE:: in line 554 of o:\ugnx1001\ip4\src\ugmr\no\ind\ugmgr_cae_types.c at Thu Jul 21 12:37:04 2016 Västeuropa, sommartid
+++ CAEModel/Subtypes not installed on Teamcenter server
*** NOTE:: in line 557 of o:\ugnx1001\ip4\src\ugmr\no\ind\ugmgr_cae_types.c at Thu Jul 21 12:37:04 2016 Västeuropa, sommartid
+++ CAEGeometry/Subtypes not installed on Teamcenter server

And when we start the Design Simultation we get the message:

The Simulation object subtypes are not installed on your Teamcenter installation, or you do not have permission to access them.
Contact your Teamcenter administrator for more information.

The second dialog says:

Create FileNew failed: There are no templates available to support this operation

If I select File -New I can't see the Simulation tab and select any of the templates.

Tried to search the forums, documentation but I can't find anything stating we need additional installation.

Do you know if there is some additional template that needs to be imported in Teamcenter or is it something else you can give a hint on?

7 REPLIES

Re: Design simulation files into Teamcenter - not able to find the templates.

Misspelled sub-itemtypes?

CAEItemTypes.png

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Thanks for the input Arden... but it is in my text I typed wrong with the "_" for CAE_Model and CAE_Analysis.

The ItemType in the pax file is <ItemType>CAEModel</ItemType> for FEM and <ItemType>CAEAnalysis</ItemType> for SIM.

I have also tried with CAEItem as the default nxdm... pax file for cae templates but it wont do any difference.

We also run NX in manage mode. I don't think this should have anything with this.

Check:

• Installed CAE Manager (template).
  • There was a bug in NX 9.0.3, %UGII_BASE_DIR%\NXNASTRAN\conf\nast9.rcf Auth=28000@license_server. Affected Nastran startup.
  • TC_NX_nonps_occurrence (NX_nonps_occurrence) GRM rules in BMIDE.

In past installations, I've seen where some of the GRM rules are missing, where Tc had:

CAESolution > CAEModelRevision

CAESolution > CAEMesh

But was missing:

CAEGeom > ItemRevision

CAEGeom > UGMASTER

CAEMesh > CAEModelRevision

CAEMesh > CAEMesh

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

I ran a test in Tc10.1.5 with NX 9.0.3.4 and it succeeded in creating the subtypes.

CAE_subitems.png

These are all part of the foundation template and don't need CAE Manager. Of course, CAE Manager makes managing your data a lot easier, but you should be able to create these in managed NX.

Here's a look at the templates the tcin_template_setup.bat file brought in (I'm not sure if that's all of them or not):

CAE_templates.png

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Thanks for the input Randy

* I found the template under ..\wnt64\tc\ but I'm thinkg about selecting the 'Simulation Process Management' template in the 'Extension' section of 'Add/Remove Featurers' of TEM. Initially I thought this was the template for kinematic simulations and not CAE.

2016-07-27_14-50-22-353.png

* In my nast10rfc there is no line AUTH=28000@licence_server. I assue if this line is present that was the bug in NX9.x

* there are no GRM rules on e.g CAEItem with relation TC_NX_nonps_occurrence .
Assumes this will be added by the template.

2016-07-27_14-48-14-248.png

Could you also see the templates in the NX interface File-New when you launch Design simulation or Adavanced simultation?

I have as you imported the templates and they are created with the correct item type.

But I'm not able to create anything from NX as the error pops upp directly that I don't have the subtypes installed.

Will try to update my test system with the template 'Simulation Process Manager' and check if that solves the issues.

... coming back with feedback on that.

Jormah,

Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same thing.

Thanks
Jake