Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the arguments of the EPM-notify-report handler

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon,
What is the difference between the arguments of the EPM-notify-report handler? According to the description, they are the same (or very similar):

h1.png

And very similar arguments:

h2.pngIn which cases should I use, without PROPOSED, and in which with PROPOSED?

3 REPLIES

Re: Difference between the arguments of the EPM-notify-report handler

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I suspect this is a defect in the documentation for this handler.

Elsewhere in the doc you will see definitions similar to the following;

$REVIEWERS

Builds a list of all users who are reviewers in the same task level as the current reviewer and sends e-mail to all of them.

$PROPOSED_REVIEWERS

Sends e-mail to all members assigned as the proposed reviewers of the first target object in the workflow process.

$RESPONSIBLE_PARTY

Sends e-mail to the designated responsible party for the task.

$PROPOSED_RESPONSIBLE_PARTY

Sends e-mail to the member assigned as the proposed responsible party of the first target object in the workflow process.

PROPOSED_REVIEWERS and PROPOSED_RESPONSIBLE_PARTY are keywords that map to a dynamic participant on the workflow target.  You can see the definition of the participants in BMIDE.

RESPONSIBLE_PARTY is the current responsible party for the task.

REVIEWERS is derived from the signoffs for the task.

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, thanks for the answer.
This is used only for the Change Management object? As far as I know, only these objects are assigned dynamic participants

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

It's possible to define your own dynamic participants in BMIDE and specify to which objects they apply (though it must be a subtype of ItemRevision).  When you define the participant type you can specify the keyword you wish to use in workflow handlers, and if it should be a single assignee, or multiple.

Having said that some of the handlers do have keywords that are documented as specific to change objects.