Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disable assign button in Teamcenter

Hello,

Do you know what preference I can use to disable the assign button  in Teamcenter?

Thanks.

assign.png

5 REPLIES

Re: Disable assign button in Teamcenter

There is no single preference for disabling the "Assign" button in the Item creation wizard. There is a process for making the Item ID and Rev ID read-only in the create dialog but its much more involved.

It starts with preferences:
ASSIGNED_ITEM_ID_MODIFIABLE=0
ASSIGNED_ITEM_REV_MODIFIABLE=0

In the ItemCreate stylesheet: append 'modifiable="false"' to properties item_id and revision:item_revision_id.

In BMIDE:
Set the Enabled property constant to "False" for Item.item_is and ItemRevision.item_revision_id.
Set the Modifiable property constant to "Read" for Item.item_is and ItemRevision.item_revision_id.

Ensure that you have a Naming Rule created that will populate those fields then deploy and test.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hello,

Thank's for your answer.

I learned, we can use the "ITEM_autogenerate_id" preference to disable.

What do you think?

The ITEM_generate_id site preference was used before Tc10.1 to auto populate the Item Id. It's not supported in the current item create panel. Today, we use naming rules in BMIDE.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

[ Edited ]

There is another simpliest way - use naming rules for item_id/rev_id (customized by BMIDE) - activating naming rule automatically disable the Assign button

Can you to tell me how to activate naming rule?