cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher server client architecture

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi there.

I've a question about Dispatcher system which may seem beginner bu I'm confused.

I installed the TC Server, Dispatcher Server, Scheduler and Dispatcher Client on a single machine. I want to use the Dispatcher for rich client from user side (4-tier) to start a translation.

All the things seem correct Schedueler, Client and Module windows have shown the interaction between them, but I've found out that the source file in staging directory is empty.!!

The source file has created with the correct name in staging directory but it has no content. This text is it's content "This is a dummy file"

Could anyone please help me?

Thanks for your attention.

30 REPLIES

Re: Dispatcher server client architecture

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Can you attach the Module log?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks. The logfile attached.

Creator
Creator

If the source file is a assembly file, it should be created with the correct name in staging directory but it has no content.

Teamcenter system is designed like that. I was told by GTAC. you can contact GTAC make sure of it.

Solution Partner Phenom
The proetojt translator was kicked off successfully and used C:/PROGRA~1/Siemens/TRANSL~1/Creo/etc/tessPRO.config. Make sure to validate the contents of the config file.

The translator was initiated with Monolithic and GENERIC.
Value of Key OutputDirectory = replaced with new Value = "C:\stage\DC\Ua6ce3d04x5a006e99d33x\result"
Value of Key structureOption = replaced with new Value = "MONOLITHIC"
Value of Key Instance = replaced with new Value = "GENERIC"

1. Do you have Creo installed on the Module server?
2. Do you have licenses available to launch Creo?
3. Have you reviewed C:\stage\DC\Ua6ce3d04x5a006e99d33x\result\SIEMENS_proetojt.log?

The translator timed out waiting for the converted the file. Something with the translator configuration needs to be corrected. Dispatcher appears to be all good. See tessPRO.config and SIEMENS_proetojt.log.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Yes, I've installed licensed Creo on module server.

I've attached the staging directory include SIEMENS_proetojt.log and tessPRO.config. I think the problem is not the translation.

According to trail.txt it's obvious that the *.prt file is invalid for translation. I've checkd the file content and it had dummy text content in it. "This is a dummy file".

So, the problem is fetching the source file from TC and copying it to staging directory for translation. Which part of dispatcher system is capable for this instruction??

Also, I should mention that RMI connection has used.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Jason.

Could you please tell me so how & when the dispatcher module get the right content of the files??

I thought that the translation should be executed on a local copy of the part file in staging directory with complete content.

Is there any file permission to be set for this scenario?

Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom
The problem doesn't appear to be with Dispatcher but with mypart_t0.prt which is not a valid Creo file. The prt has "This is a dummy file" which means that someone loaded a dummy file into Teamcenter as a placeholder for a missing file.

The file is exported from Teamcenter by DC and placed in the staging directory for translation. You need to review the Dataset where this file came from. You can confirm the name of the file by looking at Named References of the Dataset. You will see that mypart_t0.prt is listed in named references. This is not a valid Creo file and is causing the translator to timeout waiting for the translation to complete.

Can you try translating a different Dataset please? This file is obviously bad.

Solution Partner Phenom
The Item that is bad...
Item ID is mypart_T0
Revision is A
Review the Creo Dataset under rev A and look at Named References
See that mypart_t0.prt is listed
Export mypart_t0.prt from Named References
Open the exported file and see "This is a dummy file".

Can you attach a picture of Named References? I'm hoping to see that more than one prt is listed.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

@smaDispatcherClient is responsible to extract the file from DB. You can find the DC log in logging location under Dispatcher\task\<taskId>\<taskId>_dc.log