Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail Notification Problem

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hello All ,

I have a problem about the e-mail notification problem ,while starting the WF ,i set the notification handlers on WF start task . Firstly , i want to give information about the system informations , TC 11.3 4 Tier .

I can ping mail server from the TC server and also i can telnet mailserver by using port 25. Also , the all mail_notification preferences are setted. (you can find all of them below.).

2018-10-10_17h20_48.pngPıng Mail Server2018-10-10_17h21_18.pngTelnet Mail Server _port 25

I can send mail by using telnet on cmd (reference:https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/Making-TC-sending-e-...) .

Telnet_mail.png

When i send item revision to WF , the operation is completed as succesfully but i got the an error message as below.

Capture.JPG

As you know to send mail to external side (outlook or etc) Teamcenter use %TC_BIN%\tc_mail_smtp.exe.Thus , i use that tool manuel to check this case , but i get the error message "All recipients  unknown".

TC_MAIL_SMTP.png

TC11 Mail_OSMail_active.pngTC11_Internal_mail_active.pngTC11_Mail Folder_DefaultChildPro.pngTC11_Mail_server_port.pngTC11_MailOSfrom_adress.pngTC11_Send_file.pngI can not find the missing point , Could you please help me to solve that problem ? If you need log files , i have journal log files which are detailed.

Best Regards
Gurkan

26 REPLIES 26

Re: E-mail Notification Problem

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, did you fill in the e-mail adress to the Persons in the organization structure?

1.png

2.png

Solution Partner Legend

Hi @ArthurRM ,

Yes all the person's e-mail informations are filled.

Thanks

Gurkan

Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, I think you need to get the tc_mail_smtp utility to work. I conducted several tests, I get the error All the recipients unknown, when my mail is configured on the internal mail server, and I try to send an e-mail to external mail. With mailboxes that are set up on my internal mail server, there is no such problem.

Solution Partner Legend

Hi @ArthurRM

Actullay , i tested the problem by using tc_mail_smtp utility (you can find above) , but i got the same error "All the recipient unknown" . The all user can send to e- mail (as external) , if i'm wrong please correct me , should i check the mail settings for the users for the mail server settings are setted correctly or not ?? I think, that is pointed to , the problem is not TC problem am i right ?

Best Regards

Gurkan

Legend
Legend

The utility requires -user argument. See if the person who is sending the email or starting the workflow has email address in his user profile.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Gears Phenom

I meant that I could not send a letter to external mail using the tc_mail_smtp utility, through the internal mail server and get an error like yours. Although our mail server is able to send letters to external mail. There is no problem when you send letters to mailboxes that are stored on your internal mail server.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi,

This could be problem of email server if it calls for authentication before sending a mail,

You can check with IT if  they have turned on secure. If that is the case you will not be able to send the mail through Teamcenter, because there is no way Teamcenter can first authenticate with mail server and then send a mail.

This need of sending mail from Teamcenter through secured email server is addrressed in TC11.6 and TC12.2 where Teamcenter can be configured with secure email server.

With Regards

Sandip Dalvi 

Solution Partner Legend

Hi @ArthurRM ,

Actually , i did not send you external mail from TC notification. All the mail adresses is involved in the used mail server.

For example , there is a user1 and he/she has a mail adress which is user1@xyz.com and user2 has a mail adress which is user2@xyz.com. These mail adresses can send mail (internally) , and also they can send me an e-mail to external mail adresses (For example galkan@xxxx.com) . I could not catch the missing point. It does not looks so logic.

Also , these system is working properly for TC 10 with all the same handlers and e-mail adresses. Moreover , i checked the preferences differences between TC 10 and TC 11. It looks there is no change . Both systems are use the same mail server.

Is there a any additional suggestion to check the problem ?

Best Regards
Gurkan

Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, it is strange that it does not work with the same settings.

Try sending mail using tc_mail_smtp from the Teamcenter 10 server and from the Teamcenter 11 server, will you get different results?

tc_mail_smtp -to=user1@xyz.com -server=full_name_server_with_domain -subject=Test -port=25

try using the -testmode parameter to view the message that the tc_mail_smtp utility forms

-testmode

Allows you to print a test of the e-mail output. Specify either stderr , stdout , or the full path and file name to the stderr file.