Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deploying Tc11.2.1_ActiveWorkspace3.4_wntx64 on Tc11.4.0_patch_4_wntx64

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am getting error while deploying Active Work Space on Teamcenter.I am attaching the screenshots and installer syslog below.

Thanks,

Saura

Screenshot (17).pngTEMScreenshot (19).pngsqlplus

20 REPLIES

Re: Error while deploying Tc11.2.1_ActiveWorkspace3.4_wntx64 on Tc11.4.0_patch_4_wntx64

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon,

1) check in privileges:

grant сreate trigger to infodba identified by password

on your screenshot of this privilege is not visible.

2) Try to give this privilege in sqlplus by entering from under sysdba:

sqlplus / nolog

connect / as sysdba

grant create trigger to infodba identified by password;

Re: Error while deploying Tc11.2.1_ActiveWorkspace3.4_wntx64 on Tc11.4.0_patch_4_wntx64

Creator
Creator

Hi Arthur3,

Thanks for replying. I already have completed the steps that you have mentioned.Here is the screenshot of sqlplus showing the grant access:

Screenshot (20).pngSqlplus

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, problem is that he can not grant privileges to/from yourself.  He must do this from another user.

Here's describe how to install database triggers for Oracle

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/aw/3.4/aw_html_collection#uid:xid1284832:index_Deployme...

They execute

grant Create trigger to infodba identified by the password; 

from system user

Does your error occur before this step? (Install database triggers for Oracle).

Because your user infodba already has rights to create triggers, I suggest you try to find and comment this line in the script

D:\Kits\Tc11.4.0_patch_4_wntx64\wntx64\tc\install\sitecons\sitecons_install_triggers_oracle.sql

Something like:

Create trigger to infodba identified by password;

Creator
Creator

Hi Arthur3,

Thanks again.With reference to your question-"Does your error occur before this step? (Install database triggers for Oracle)" I would like to answer that yes,the error occured before that step. However, I followed all the steps that you mentioned but there is no line as "create trigger to infodba identified by password;" in the sitecon_install_triggers_oracle.sql script.I am attaching the script file below.

Phenom
Phenom

It looks like this line is not in this file, but somewhere in the installer's script. Check that you have a system user in Oracle, and it is active and you can login with system user. Try login in sqlplus with system user. In cmd where Oracle installed:

sqlplus system/password

I think that the installation script should run the same

grant Create trigger to infodba identified by password;

using a system user, but in your case it does not work.

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I tried granting "Create trigger" privilege using SYSTEM but,it didn't work.

Could you please suggest any alternative to deploy AWS on TC11.4.0?

If I try to install AWS then the TEM goes into the recovery mode and again the same error is thrown.

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, yes I think this will not help, because the script itself apparently tries to do this from under the infodba

you can return to the previous configuration, as described by RandyEllsworth in this thread:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/tem-bat-stuck-in-rec...

You need to understand under what user it is trying to execute the script:

grant Create trigger to infodba identified by password;

I think this should not be an infodba. You can try to install it again be carefully while doing each step.
Unfortunately I did not install the AWC myself, I only have the installation documentation.

Creator
Creator

Thanks Arthur3.I will follow the steps as suggested by RandyEllsworth in that particular thread which was suggested by you.

Creator
Creator

Thanks Arthur.

I followed the steps and was able to come out of recovery state.