Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while launching start_nxmanager.bat

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

I am unable to launch NX from Rich client (clicking the NX icon within TC). i confirmed that that start_nxmanager.bat is available and the regisry entries to launch the start_nxmanager.bat are there. I am trying to launch the start_nxmanager,bat and it gives me corba error. Any idea?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Error while launching start_nxmanager.bat

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
which versions of TC and NX do you use?
I guess the message should be a bit different - but have you installed the "Teamcenter Integration for NX" feature in TEM?
NX version is compatible with Teamcenter? please have a look at https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/1872/release_notes#uid:index_xid920445:xid1745668

Siemens Creator

I am on TC12.1 and NX12.02.9....i think compatibility is not an issue. There is something else that has gone wrong. One option i have is to uninstall NX integration and install it back to see if it fixes it - which am going to try tomorrow.

Siemens Creator

I removed the NX Integration for Rich client and re-installed it and that solved the issue.

I also feel i got the root cause. Siemens document suggests to install CAD before the CAD integration part is installed. In the VM i was given, the NX integration existed but NX wasnt installed (which i did later). So i believe, somewhere some entry must have got missed. Uninstalling and re-installing the featture must have corrected the gap

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Rajesh,

There is no need to install-uninstall the feature. There is only a registry key needs to be updated, which is a part of kit itself.

I will let you know by personal mail.

Regards,

Piyush Kumar Garg

Siemens Creator

I hope you are refering to the registry entries available in the .icd file of the NX integration for Rich client? 

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
@RajeshShankar, you did the right thing by uninstalling/reinstalling the TCIN feature in TEM. Yes, there are other ways to do it but this is the easiest and supported method.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4