Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception 214016 - The server was reassigned

Builder
Builder

Hi all.

Recently I'm facing a problem on TC server (Single server) as "InternalServerException 214016 - The server was reassigned.".

As far as I know, this exception means a timeout or something related to communication delay happened. I use IIS as webtier in 4-Tier topology with .Net server manager. Could anyone please help which parameter should be modified to prevent this error?

Also I need some information on how to estimate correct values for such parameters (delays, treshoulds or ...) for a single server according to hardware resources RAM, CPU, ...?

Thakns for your attention

4 REPLIES

Re: Exception 214016 - The server was reassigned

Legend
Legend

Hello, this error usually says that the server process was terminated due to some error and a new server process was assigned to the client.
To understand what the problem is, you need a more detailed description of the actions (what you do and at what point the error occurs), and also the syslog of the current client session

Builder
Builder

Thanks. Could you please help me which log files should be checked.

Creator
Creator

I had this problem too and I wasn't able to solve it via IIS, so I use J2EE and Weblogic now and it is really handy. Sometimes IIS has mysterious errors with no logical reason. Also it may be related to your TC configuration.

Have any other person faced this error?

Pioneer
Pioneer

We ran into this a while back and determined it was because we didn't have our server pool set to create enough server processes. users would have a session going, but idle ... another user wanted to start a session and we had reached the server limit, so it killed an idle server session and gave it to the new user. Then the idle user woke back up and didn't have his old server process availalbe, so TC started up a new one for him.

So check your pool manager settings. Make sure they are starting enough warm servers and that your max servers setting is high enough to handle all your concurrent user needs.