Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export BOM with a lot of properties on related Objects

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have a precise bom with the design parts (VxDesignRevision). Every Component have on the Item (VxDesign) a related object (VxArticle) with 140 properties. Now i search a way to export the bom with the 140 properties for each component to a excelfile.

Any idea?

8 REPLIES

Re: Export BOM with a lot of properties on related Objects

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If I understand correctly, the Properties you want exported are not on the Item Revision that is listed in the Bill of Material but instead they are on objects that are related to the Item Revisions in the Bill of Materials.

You might consider creating compound properties so that you can see the Properties on the Item Revisions which would allow you to export from Structure Manager into Excel.

You also might consider creating a transfermode that enables exporting the desured Properties into PLMXML and then using a XML transform to convert the output into Excel.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

Yes, you understood correctly! :)

Compound properties:

I've already thought of something like that, but could not that affect performance if I add compound properties to article revisions?

PLMXML Export:
The PLMXML export sounds very interesting! I have tried there before, but unfortunately I did not get these attributes out.  :(

I have created a PropertySet but the information of the attributes was not exported. (see attachment) 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

(I assume you are using a Closure Rule.)  You will also need to add a clause to your Closure Rule that defines the relation from the Item Revision you are exporting to the object that has the Property you need to export.

Experimenter
Experimenter
The relation is on the item and not directly on the item revision.
So I have to make a ClosureRule going from item revision (design) to the item (design) and from there via a CustomRelation to item (Article)? Here are the properties.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, you are correct.  You must add clauses in the Closure Rule to traverse from the item revision (design) to the item (design) and from there via a CustomRelation to item (Article).

Have you taken a look at the Closure Rule syntax?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, in the document "plm_xml_export_import_admin.pdf" are examples how to traverse an assembly. But how do I get to the Item (article) via Item (design)?
How can I put this syntax together? (Down the assembly and then up the item and over to the article to the properties)

Thank you for helping!

http://help.aviacons.ru/tc10doc/PDF/en_US/tdocExt/pdf/plm_xml_export_import_admin.pdf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It always takes some guessing and checking (so you will likely learn to quickly export small samples and look at the results).  First work on getting the correct objects exported (using Closure Rules) and then work on getting the correct properties (using Property Sets).

So in the Closure Rule you need to go:

1. from your Item Revision to it's Item via the Item Revision's property that points to it's Item.  (I'm not looking at Teamcenter right now but it's someting like itme_list). 

2. from the Item to another Item via your custom Relation.

I'm just making up the following Closure Rule clauses, you'll have to figure out the correct values.

CLASS.ItemRevision:CLASS.Item:RELATION.item_list:TRAVERSE+PROCESS

CLASS.Item:CLASS.Item:RELATIONP2S.<your custom relation>:PROCESS

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Craig
It works great!
Thank you for your support!

Best regards

Vx1884