cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export PDF Datasets

Genius
Genius

Hello,

I have a problem with exporting pdf references from pdf dataset type. The problem is in a name of a pdf reference, deafult name of this file is combined item id/revision id. I made workflow process that set atribute object_name for pdf dataset to the name of revison but if a download the pdf references thay are still as a old name.

How to do this ?

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7
5 REPLIES

Re: Export PDF Datasets

Legend
Legend

You need to set the "original_file_name" attribute of the named reference of the dataset.

Find the dataset. Get it's named references. Find the required named reference, and set it's "original_file_name" property to the filename that you what it to be.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Genius
Genius

Thx fegade-sot, but this is manual change, i need automate this process or make it as standard.

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Legend
Legend

You can automate this using ITK.

AE_ask_dataset_named_ref

AE_ask_all_dataset_named_refs

IMF_set_original_file_name

IMF_ask_original_file_name

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there,

First search for all PDF datasets in Advanced Search, After that Tools>Export>PLMXML and then select ConfiguredDataset something i forgot. You will export selected PDF files in Teamcenter search. You may variate this search and export as what you want like owner is : bla bla bla  rev is: A etc.

Regards,

Yagiz

Experimenter
Experimenter

I doubt if you can control the naming on output from PLMXML. As earlier post mentioned, you need a achive using ITK for updating named reference in system or append the desired file name during the download.

Let me if you find a way to control through PLMXML. It's easier path for many, if you succeed.

Deenu