Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FMS Master configurations

Hello,

We just added some home users who connect through a VPN to our network, before connecting to our Teamcenter 8.3 environment.  Since they are coming through a VPN, the IP address subnet that they get needs to be added to the FMSMaster file.

The issue is this, becuase there are so many subnets assigned to the VPN network, and the list is dynamic, the users are constantly getting assigned different IP addresses, which then causes their Teamcenter client to not work. 

we do have several remote cache servers, so we are pointing them to specific servers, depending on their location.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES

Re: FMS Master configurations

I just use a client default map that catches all unassigned client IPs to it. This is especially useful for our VPN clients since Teamcenter will always work no matter what IP is used. Also, since their FCCs usually have most of their desired data already cached on their PCs and the fact that VPN connections are typically slower, you don't really need to care too much about which remote FSC they are 'supposed' to connected to as if they were in the office.

Thank you,

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
IT Architect, CAxPLM Applications - Siemens Molecular Imaging
Vice Technical Director, Board of Directors - PLM World, Inc.
CAD Grief Counselor

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Larry,

Do you have an example of the default client map that you use? I was hoping there would be something like that, it would definatly make my life easier, and cause less frustration for my users.

Thanks in advance!

Michael R. McClelland

There are two methods:

1) Use <clientmap default="true">

2 Use loopback IP as in <clientmap subnet="127.0.0.1" mask="0.0.0.0">

Example,

<clientmap subnet="127.0.0.1" mask="0.0.0.0">
            <assignedfsc fscid="FSC_A" transport="wan" priority="0" />
         </clientmap>

or

<clientmap default="true">