Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Factors that affect the Performance of TC

What are the factors that can affect the performance of the Data Transfer in Teamcenter on Software and Hardware basis?

2 REPLIES

Re: Factors that affect the Performance of TC

Check out this PLM World blog. It's a few years old, but the concepts behind it are still true: 

• Use the recommended hardware and software for your database system and those recommended by Siemens PLM.
  • Make sure you have hardware dedicated to Teamcenter. Sharing resources will most likely degrade performance on anything and everything using that resource.
  • Amount of RAM, disk I/O speed, and network configuration can all be factors.

In terms of software, ensure Teamcenter is configured for performance. The out-of-the-box settings may not be appropriate for your environment. The Teamcenter System Administration Guide has a chapter on this, and there is a guide for optimizing client performance on the GTAC documentation page

Also keep in mind that your server will likely require more resources as your organization and database grow, so performance monitoring and tuning should be ongoing. Depending on the size of your organization, you might need to consider additional servers for load balancing, failover, and caching.

-A

Applications Engineer, Saratech Inc.

Re: Factors that affect the Performance of TC

I love seeing my material still being used long after it was made.  Here's the latest version (though still not brand new):

http://www.plmworld.org/p/do/sd/topic=678&sid=3990

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,