Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Number in xml

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello,

At a task in my workflow, I am using EPM-invoke-system-action handler which creates a .xml files containing all the attributes of the target item revision. However, it is not returning the Find Number (sequence number). Is there a file to define what values are being output by the xml?

I found a file called workflow.pm located in the TC Root directory which could be of assistance. 

Attached is the existing xml file that is being output each time I run the workflow through this task.

Thansk

5 REPLIES

Re: Find Number in xml

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
The Find Number is stored in the BOM and I don't see any structure in the exported XML? Did I miss something or misinterpret your question?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Genius

I may have provided an out of date xml. Each time the workflow is run, it locates and deletes the old xml and replaces it with a new one based on the provided target. Here is my process:

image.png

Operation rev saved within the process rev and I assigned the find number to be 5957

image.png

I have the process rev, op rev, and bom view all atached as a target so that (ideally) the EPM-invoke-system-action creates an xml containing all their information.

image.png

And searching in the new xml for the find number (5957), returns with nothing found.

The full xml for this example is attached.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I may not have been clear. The XML output is about the Job/Workflow/Attachments and not about the contents of the attachments. There is no BOM structure listed in the XML so no amount of configuration is going to reach the Find Number until you figure out how to dive into the BOM. That data is not available using your current method.

You can use this command to call PLMXML_Export. You will need to pass the -lov argument where the lov listed the executable (INPUT~Application=${TC_ROOT}\bin\plmxml_export.exe) and the arguments for the executable (ARG~-transfer_mode=MY_DeliverablesDataFileExport). You will need to create/configure the transfer mode (closure rule and property set) to retrieve the Find Number from the attached BOP. You will need to consider how many levels deep you go in the BOP and other BOM related issues.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Genius

Haha oh wow that looks over my head. I gathered up some documents and will be reading this for the rest of the afternoon. Thanks Randy

Solution Partner Genius

In case anyone was in need of a similar solution:

I was able to find a work around for the quest to obtain the Find Number by using the handler TCRS-export-to-tcxmlfile on the start task.

Capture.PNG

I just had to make sure the process rev was part of the target at this instance of the workflow and the FindNumber was returned as bl_sequence_no.