cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find objects of inactive users

Creator
Creator

Hi, the following problem came up while we looking for TC objects (Item, DataSet) from a user who is marked as inctive in the organization. The dropdown menu shows only active users in our organization. We're running TC 9.1.3.3.

We tried to set the preference "TC_suppress_inactive_group_members", but without success. Then we tried to utilize the TC10 preference "TC_QRY_suppress_inactive_user" in TC9, but also without success.

Does anybody know how to find objects by a given inactive user name?

8 REPLIES

Re: Find objects of inactive users

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In the organization it is a direct menu entry in the UI, that controls the display of inactive users in the organization tree. It is not a global option or preference.

SuppressInactiveMembers.png

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Creator
Creator

Hi Stefan, I may point our problem not clear enough. The organization is not our problem. It displays all user - active and inactive. Our problen is to search for objects of inactive users. E.g. find specific datasets of a user who left the company and the admin put his user account to inactive. How to find his datasets - if you don't know the number or any other attributes?

TC9search.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

All you have to do is enter in the inactive user's ID into any search field that searched IDs.  The downside is that you must know the user ID. If you only know part of the ID, you can use wildcards.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Siemens Phenom

I just tested the preference, TC_QRY_suppress_inactive_user, and it works fine at our company.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.

Creator
Creator

Thx Larry for this helpful answer!

Creator
Creator

Larry, I've added same settings taken from the TC10 env. of the pref "TC_QRY_suppress_inactive_user = 0" into the TC 9.1.3.3, but it doesn't work. What TC version have you tried and which settings are set?

Siemens Phenom

I'm using Tc10.1.5.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.

Creator
Creator

Smiley LOL That is what I expected. It doesn't work in TC9.

Anyway, Problem solved! Thanks again!